Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Keeping It All In Perspective

Last year Hubby and I decided to start the year with a 21-day fast. We were so blessed by it that we have committed to making it an annual tradition. So yes, this year we did it again.. January 10th -31st was a time dedicated to seeking God through prayer and fasting. As difficult as it was, I was so sad when it was over. There was something truly magical about spending the time that I would usually be eating in the presence of God. With each hunger pain that I felt, I pushed harder spiritually. During those three weeks, I was not bombarded with the usual cares of life. It was one of the few times in my life when my weight was not at the forefront of my mind. I felt so free. It was as if I had transcended to a new level where I was totally at peace and my faith in God was the only driving force in my life. For those three weeks, everything seemed to be in it's proper place...I was able to keep everything in perspective.

As the fast came to an end, the cares of life started creeping back into my mind. I was concerned with eating, exercising and having enough time to meet all of my obligations. It was all so overwhelming and I started to feel mentally out of control. It was as if I was losing perspective. I immediately realized that the same peace that I had during the fast is always available to me. I realized that God had not left me simply because I was back to my usual eating plan. I realized that His presence and the benefits that come along with it are just a prayer away. I realized that whenever I feel bogged down by the cares of life I can simply cast them all on Him.

My weight is one care that I have a hard time casting. I trust God for so many things but I often feel like my weight is all on me to handle. I am not sure why I can put everything else in perspective except my weight. So as I move forward on my weigh, I am making the decision to be intentional about seeking God's wisdom and direction through this journey. I realize that like everything else in my life, I will fail at losing weight if I do not have Him to lead the way. So with this post, I am giving my weight loss journey over to Him. I am asking Him to help me keep it all in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment