Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Total Surrender

In this life, it is so easy to get caught up in your own little world. I have recently become aware of how self-absorbed I am. I am not talking about self-absorption in the traditional sense. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a very giving person. I am talking about the kind of self-absorption where you are so consumed by your own merits, expertise, resources and know-how that you begin to live life on auto-pilot.

I have fallen victim to this way of life. Instead of being as prayerful as I should be and consulting the Lord as I deal with the challenges of life, I have become very dependent on my own resources and reasoning. I have become very wrapped-up in my own plans, dreams, goals and desires. I have become way too driven by my financial security and stability. And I have even become too wrapped up in my educational status and intellect. In many ways I have been living my life as if I have "arrived".

Certainly, there is nothing wrong with having plans for the future, financial independence and education. There is also nothing wrong with recognizing how far I have come and how much I have accomplished. But, never should all these things drive my life. More importantly, none of these things can cancel out my need for the kind of wisdom, direction, provision and peace that comes only from the Lord.

As I strive to continue on my weigh, I am making the decision to surrender everything in my life to the Lord. I mean everything--my weight loss efforts, my career, my plans for the future, my finances and my family. I have once again been reminded that I cannot do it all on my own. My reasoning and resources can only take me so far. True success for me will only come through total surrender to the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing better than a reflective person is the reflective person willing to disclose a weakness!

    Troy

    ReplyDelete