Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Re-evaluating My Relationship

Now that I am once again working towards my weight loss goals, I have been reflecting on my relationship with food. In doing so, I have come to realize that over the past few months food and I have developed a very unhealthy love/hate relationship. I am the first to admit that I love food! I want food when I am happy, sad, proud, angry...the list could go on and on. The bottom line is that there is no mood, situation, or circumstance that food can't get me through. However, food has also been a source of guilt, anger, frustration and stress for me.

A few weeks ago, Hubby brought to my attention the negative conversation that I have with myself almost every night regarding food. No matter how little or how healthy I eat, I end the night beating myself up about my eating. The crazy thing is that this routine has been so ingrained that I do it without even being aware that I do it! How crazy is that?! I end every night fighting with my food!

What I have realized is that I really need to re-evaluate my relationship with food. Food is not my enemy. After all, there is no way that I can live without it! But food does not need to be my best friend. So as I move along on my weigh I will be conscientious not only about eating healthy but also about keeping my relationship with food in proper perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment