Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why I Do What I Do

I am so happy that the semester is finally coming to a close. This week is the last week of classes and then there is exam week. I am looking forward to no longer having the pressures of my work schedule dictate my exercise schedule. Having more down time means more time for me to visit the gym and to train for my upcoming race. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me to meet my goal time, but I am determined to stay motivated and positive.

When the going gets tough, I usually find it difficult to remember why I even set my health and fitness goals in the first place. In preparation for those days, I am making a list of reasons why I am doing what I am doing. 
  1. I need to prove to myself that I can stick to it!
  2. I want to do as much as I can to avoid a life plagued by weight-related illness.
  3. I want to be physically prepared to fulfill my calling and reach my life goals.
  4. I want to feel better about my physical self.
  5. I want to have more options when shopping for clothing.
  6. I want to instill healthy habits in my children.
  7. I want to be a better example for my daughter.
I suppose that I could think of other reasons, but my biggest motivation is conquering my self-doubt. While I have moments of confidence, I am constantly battling the inner-voice that tells me that I am not going to be successful. But, with each step that I take toward my goal, that voice seems to grow quieter and quieter. I am looking forward to the day when that voice is finally silenced! In the meantime, I am moving along on my weigh to reaching my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment