Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 20, 2012

Keeping My Goals in Mind

It has been about five months 7-10 hours per week, my fitness level is the best it has been my entire adult life, and I have lost 15 pounds. While I am often tempted to feel that I should be further along with the weight loss, I remind myself that this is a process and that slow and steady is best.

In terms of fitness, I am working on two goals at this present time:
  • losing at least 20lbs for the  8-week "Extreme Brickover" competition at my gym
  • training for the Baltimore Women's Classic 5k in June
In terms of the weight loss competition, we are in week 5 and I am down 10.2 pounds. I really need to make these next three weeks count, if I am to reach my goal. I have been a bit lax since Easter, but I will be tightening up immediately!

I am really excited about training for the race. I ran the BWC for the first time in June 2010. It was the first 5K that I ran and it was hard...but I finished in a little over 57 minutes! My goal for this year is to finish around 45 minutes. This week was my first week back to running in a while, and I am doing a 17-minute mile. To meet my time goal, I need to be at a 13/14-minute mile. While it will be a challenge, I am excited to have something other than the scale to focus on.

I would like to get this blog going again as a way to keep me on track. With the semester winding down, I am sure that I will be able to write a post at least once a week. Please stay tuned and follow me on my weigh!

2 comments:

  1. Love that you are doing a blog! You can make your pace. Keep at it! Have you tried using an app like MapMyRun to help you keep track?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MJ, you are such an encouragement to me. I really appreciate you! I am going to find that app and use it!

      Delete