Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Perfect Saturday

A while back I started a new Saturday routine and I absolutely love it! This new routine includes two hours at the gym, a nice healthy lunch, and a long hot bath and facial when I get home. It is the perfect way to end a long week.

At the gym I usually do Bodyjam for an hour, followed by an hour of Bodyflow. Lately, I have switched out Bodyjam for an uphill walk on the treadmill. I love Bodyjam and I still go on Tuesday nights, but two Bodyjam classes a week was getting a bit boring. Now that I am training for BWC, I will be running on Saturday mornings before taking the Bodyflow class.

The combination of cardio and Bodyflow is divine! Bodyflow is a mix of Tai Chi, yoga, and pilates, so there is lots of stretching, deep breathing, and calm, positive energy. Don't get me wrong, I definitely work up a sweat. But, in a much more relaxing manner. After a long week of ripping and running, Bodyflow is just what I need!

Once I leave the gym, I feel peaceful and my mind is clear. I usually enjoy a nice salad or a scrambled egg with veggies. Then I revel in a steaming hot bath and pamper myself by giving my skin the royal treatment. (I recently started using this organic skincare line that works wonders!)The rest of my Saturday involves relaxing and keeping positive.

Thinking back to the old me, a great Saturday would have involved anything but time at the gym and healthy eating. I am also not sure how much relaxation it would have involved. But, I have come a long way to where taking care of me is enjoyable and does not mean stuffing myself with unhealthy food. I now see challenging myself physically and eating healthy as two of the greatest things I can do for myself. Of course, a long hot bath and a facial have always been a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment