Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 23, 2012

Raw Emotion

Lately, I feel like I am so much more emotional than I have been in the past. As a woman, I know the curve balls that hormones can throw my way. I am very in tune with my hormonal cycle and I know exactly when my "crazy days" will occur. But what I have been feeling is so much more than the usual PMS. After mulling over this for several months, I think I have finally pinpointed my issue.

For the better part of my life, I have been an emotional eater. When I am feeling off emotionally, there is nothing that a burger and fries can't cure. However, since I recommitted to exercising and eating right, I no longer bury my emotions in food. While this is an overall positive change, there is a downside. I have to find new, healthy ways to manage my emotions. This is something that I have yet to accomplish. Until I do, I will continue to struggle with my raw, unmasked emotions.

The good thing is that I am finally aware of this issue. My next step is to find ways to address it. For starters, this blog is very cathartic. Once again, I am able to express my feelings in a productive manner. I am working on building a better support network of people who are making this weight loss journey with me. It is nice to have people to commiserate with and to look to for guidance and support during the tough times. I am sure that this will get easier as I move on my weigh. But for now, excuse me if I am a bit cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment