Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 28, 2009

From Anxious to Thankful


As you probably could tell, I had so much anxiety about Thanksgiving. This was the first true test of how much discipline and self-control I have when it comes to food. I mean how on earth was I going to control myself while being surrounded by all the great food, lovingly prepared by my family? How was I going to counter the pressure-filled glances and comments like "that's all you're gonna eat?" The thought of all this was certainly panic-inducing! But, I didn't panic...I simply came up with a plan.


I am so excited to report that I actually stuck to the plan! I had an enjoyable, yet reasonable portion of dinner and dessert on Thursday and it was delicious! On Friday, I had my diet-to-go for breakfast and lunch and I allowed myself one final plate of leftovers. For exercise, I put on the new Bebe and Cece CD after dinner and we all danced and had a good time! On Friday, I remained active by going to the mall and I even went bowling. Today, just as planned, I am back to my regular eating and exercise plan. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I hadn't gained a single pound!


This is a huge triumph for me because I was able to thoroughly enjoy the holiday with my family while still remaining on my weigh! There was so much to be thankful for this year--my dad is doing great, we are all moving forward personally and professionally, the kids are all healthy and growing and we remain so happy as a family! Truly, the Lord continues to bless us. On a more personal note, I am so thankful for this weight loss journey and all that I have accomplished in such a short time. I am thankful for every bit of weight that I have lost--physically, emotionally and mentally. I feel so blessed and inspired to continue on my weigh.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! for you! I am so inspired! I did fairly well for Thanksgiving. My drawback was that I couldn't pick up on Friday because the pick up station was closed :( and the ones that were open were too far. So I manipulatd the food I had left and ate small portions of leftovers(most times).

    I think my scale is taking pity on me (more likely the babies were playing with it!) because it is reporting a 4 pound lost that I just can't accept! So I'm waiting until my doctor's appt next week before I get excited. But to your credit (and just a little to me) we are on our weigh! :0

    ReplyDelete