Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Surviving Thanksgiving


So the Thanksgiving holiday is upon us and I am a little nervous! This is the first major holiday since I started my exercise and eating plan. I have been doing so well and I don't want to start regressing. To make sure I stay on track, I have come up with a step-by-step plan.
  1. Realize that this is a holiday. I am going to enjoy this time with my family and I am going to enjoy the food. On Thursday, I am not going to overindulge, but I am certainly not going to deprive myself. I will eat one reasonable plate and I will enjoy a reasonable portion of dessert. Instead of loading up on high-calorie drinks, I will enjoy my usual flavored water.

  2. Get back to the eating plan. Instead of eating a plate of leftovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday, I will go back to my diet-to-go for at least two of my meals for that day. In other words, I will allow myself one reasonable plate of leftovers on Friday.

  3. Stay active. Since I will be away from my usual workout, I will have to be creative. But with all the holiday sales going on, I am sure that I will do a great deal of mall-walking!

  4. Jump right back into the routine. Sometimes the "holiday spirit" has a way of lingering and before you know it, January 1st is here. The last thing I want to be doing on January 1st is to be making the same old tired weight loss resolution. With this in mind, by Saturday, I will be back to my usual exercise and eating plan.

One thing I have learned is that even the best laid plans sometimes fall short. So, I will follow the plan with my best effort but I will remain flexible should the unexpected happen. I will expect to gain a pound or two but I will work out extra hard over the next few days to keep any weight gain to a minimum. No matter what happens during the holiday, I will not let it keep me from moving forward on my weigh!



2 comments:

  1. You go girl! That is such the right attitude. I know you will make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your comments to my recent posts and they are all so encouraging! I know we can do this!

    ReplyDelete