Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, November 29, 2009

All in My Mind


For as long as I can remember, I have loved food. I especially love junk food...you know burgers, pizza, and let's not forget cheesteaks. While my new eating plan does include these items, they are the much healthier versions. I especially miss eating junk food on Fridays. There is nothing better than ending a long, hard week with a pizza, some wings, and an icy cold soda. There have been a few times when my junk food cravings have almost sent me over the edge. So now when I get such a craving, I just go ahead and indulge...


That's right, I focus in on that burger, I think about how it would look, smell and taste. I think about the piping hot fries to go with it. I imagine how good it would feel to wash it all down with a Pepsi. I even think about the sweet treat I would eat to top it all off. After a minute or so of this mental indulgence, my craving is satisfied!


What I have come to realize is that the fantasy of junk food is much better than the reality. How many times have you satisfied a junk food craving only to feel miserable shortly after? By indulging mentally I allow myself to enjoy my food fantasy without the harsh consequences of actually eating it. This is a small but effective strategy that helps me on my weigh.

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased that my "Perspective" post was helpful! it is the least I can do (smile) considering your blog introduced me to Diet to Go in the first place! Let's keep each other accountable so we can do a "happy dance" together this Spring!

    Your perspective on imaginary indulgences is great as well. I'll see if it works for chocolate!

    ReplyDelete