Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Showing Some (Self)Appreciation


The last time I wrote, I was not a happy camper. I was feeling sorry for myself and I must admit that it felt good. But in the midst of my pity party, I read one of my previous blog posts and had an instant reality check. (I knew this blog was a good idea!)In that post, I wrote about weight loss being more than counting pounds. In that post I decided to use my weight loss journey as a time for self-knowledge and self-appreciation. After reading that post, I ended the pity party and sent self-pity on its way!

Since starting this journey back in July, I have learned so much about myself. More important, I have used what I learned to really get on track with my weight loss. I have never been so consistent with my exercise and eating plan. I can honestly say that I have changed my lifestyle. What I have yet to do is take some time to appreciate me and all that I have accomplished so far. With that in mind, here are some things I appreciate about me:

1. I am a reflective person. I am constantly thinking about who I am and what I do with the goal of becoming a better person .

2. I am an inspirational person. I have the ability to bring out the best in my family, my friends, and my students. Even my being open and candid about my weight loss journey has inspired so many to start a journey of their own.

3. I am a loving person. I love people. I love to make them laugh, to listen to their issues, to help them find solutions, and to share my faith. Most of all I love praying and believing God for miracles on behalf of others.

4. I am a good wife and mother. I give my family my all! There is nothing within me that I withhold from them. I see daily how much I add to lives of my husband and my children.

There is so much more that I can say--not out of vanity, but in awe of all that God has put in me. So as I continue on my weigh, I want to appreciate myself more. I encourage you to do the same. Each day we all exercise our greatness--at home, at school, at work. We may look at it as nothing more than simply living life, but we are great indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment