Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, November 16, 2009

Green With Envy

Lately, I have been having some less than inspired days. While I certainly don't at all feel like going back to my old eating habits, I am feeling a bit discouraged. In fact, tonight, I am just plain old mad!

I know that I am not supposed to do this but I keep comparing myself to my beloved husband. Since January, he has lost over 90 pounds! Yes, you read correctly--over 90 pounds! No, he didn't get the popular weight loss surgery and he didn't starve himself. He simply made some drastic lifestyle changes. He cut out all the junk food, significantly decreased his calorie intake and started exercising. And voila! he is down almost 100 pounds. He looks great, feels great and I am so proud of him. He is bombarded with compliments everywhere we go and he is glowing with pride.

So why am I so upset you ask...the answer is simple...I want to have lost over 90 pounds too! Why is weight loss so easy for men?! All they do is think about losing weight and they drop down a pant size. It is so not fair. Sometimes being a woman is such a raw deal!

I know, I know, I am on my weigh, but I want to be there now! I am happy for my 17 pounds but I feel like I have so far to go! Don't worry, I am keeping at it. I am not giving up. I know that I will get there in due time. As positive as I try to stay, I am having one of those days and I just needed to vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment