Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

On My Weigh Back


I am sure that you realized that is has been a long time since I last updated my blog. Have no fear...all is well with me. I have just been busy, busy, busy! Aside from being a working wife and mother, I have done two major conferences and have been working diligently on my research. Although I have been busy, I have missed blogging.

Don't get me wrong, I have tried to blog over the past month. I would log on, start writing and then become overwhelmed with all I had to do. And of course, me and my perfectionist tendencies would not allow me to just write without much thought. I mean if I can't write perfectly, why write at all? Right?...

Well, I have realized that I really do enjoy blogging. It is my release from all the stress of my daily grind. Blogging, unlike my professional writing, is free and unstructured. This blog is especially important to me because this is how I process my ongoing weight loss journey. I enjoy sharing my ups and downs--it keeps me grounded and keeps me accountable. Since I do not have a lot of extra time these days, I have decided to shorten my entries. I would rather write a few short entries each month than to not write at all.

I am proud to report that while I have been too busy to blog, I have still maintained my exercise and eating plan. I am down 17 pounds and have lost three inches off of my waist! Rest assured, I am still well on my weigh and I will be doing a lot more blogging to keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. HI! So glad you made an entry. I didn't want to bother you (I figured you were busy) but I wanted to tell you how I am doing because of your journey. I have lost TWO pounds in just about three weeks!! YAY!!
    Thanks for your candor and transparency. I'll keep you posted...and maybe some day we can show off our waists together ;-)

    ReplyDelete